Volunteers are the heart and soul of our programs. We offer more than 4,000 hours of programming each year, and publish an ever-increasing volume of books, magazines, and newspapers highlighting student writing. We couldn’t do it without the people-power and goodwill of our volunteers.
Volunteering with 826 Valencia is fun, rewarding, and flexible. You can help out in any program that fits your schedule, and we have many opportunities to get involved. To become an 826 Valencia volunteer:
- Decide what kind of volunteering is a good match for you. Are you interested in…
- Working with students? Click here for the requirements and to learn about our tutoring opportunities.
- Contributing behind-the-scenes? Click here to learn about our design, photography, and editing needs.
- Bringing a corporate group to volunteer? Click here to find out what’s possible.
- Doing an internship with 826 Valencia? Click here to learn more.
- Fill out a volunteer application. You’ll then receive more details about registration, and you’ll be invited to an upcoming orientation.
- Start signing up for projects, get to know a great community of caring people, and make a big difference in the lives of San Francisco students.
Your new life as an 826 Valencia volunteer awaits. Welcome aboard!
As an organization committed to encouraging youth in their creative expression, personal growth, and academic success, 826 Valencia recognizes the importance of diversity at all levels and in all aspects of our work. In order to build and maintain the safe, supportive environment in which great leaps of learning occur, we commit to inclusion: We will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, nationality, marital status, English fluency, parental status, military service or disability.