826 Valencia’s Teacher of the Month Award Returns and Seeks Your Nominations!
We at 826 Valencia are always looking for ways to celebrate those who make a difference in young peoples’ lives every day. Enter the amazing teachers who put their heart into helping their students be their best not just academically, but in all areas of life.
One way we highlight the dedication of our teachers is by honoring them with our Teacher of the Month Award. Teachers are nominated by students, parents, colleagues, and community members, who send in testimonials (for example, letters, photos, or voicemails) that capture how special their teacher nominee is. Please note that nominated teachers must work in the San Francisco Unified School District and have at least three years of experience in a classroom environment. We are currently seeking new Teacher of the Month nominations for the 2021-2022 school year, and will announce awards on a rolling, monthly basis!
A completed nomination must include:
- A testimonial* from at least one student (past or current)
- A testimonial* from at least one adult
- Information about the teacher nominee: name and pronouns, school, grade level(s) and subject(s) taught, years of experience, and email address
- Your preferred contact information (phone number and/or email address), so we can follow up with your nomination!
*Note: Testimonials can be letters of support, pictures, illustrations, videos, voicemails, or any other materials that highlight specific examples of a teacher’s impact. We will share whatever you submit with the nominee if they win, so the more heartwarming the better!
Awarded teachers will receive:
- A $1,500 award
- The student and adult testimonials collected in their nomination
- A certificate of appreciation
- A featured article on our website
- An acknowledgment sent to their principal showcasing their award
You can submit a nomination in any of the following ways:
- Fill out our Teacher of the Month Nomination Google Form OR
- Email your materials to email@example.com OR
- Call us at (415) 642-5905 #216 (feel free to leave a voicemail with your testimonial)
Feel free to reach out to our Teacher of the Month program at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions! Learn more about past winners here and get inspired to make a teacher’s month a little brighter.