Apply for a spring 2018 internship today!
Our internship applications are now open for spring 2018! Come exercise your writing and editing skills, work directly with teachers and students, and gain valuable experience in the many aspects of educational programming, nonprofit administration, and event planning.
About our Educational Programming internship:
Our Educational Programming interns support our student programs in many ways, including tutoring students 1:1 and in small groups, developing lesson plans, helping publish our students’ work, and assisting our staff in the ins and outs of program management and scheduling volunteers.
- Minimum commitment of 15 hours per week for the duration of the semester
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to our mission of supporting youth ages 6-18 with their creative and expository writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with kids in a professional setting is a plus
- Editing/proofreading experience preferred
- Candidates with Spanish, Arabic, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Mandarin, or Cantonese language skills are strongly encouraged to apply!
Perks of being an 826 Valencia intern:
- Professional development in an exciting educational nonprofit
- Hands-on experience working with students
- A network of fantastic educators, students, colleagues, fellow interns and humans to support your growth and learning
- A fast-paced environment that values wonder and creativity
- Confidence in your youth development skills: tutoring, relationship building, problem-solving, and patience
- Trainings in youth behavior including Navigating Learning Needs and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- 15% discount at the Pirate Store and King Carl’s Emporium
- Immeasurable joy
How to apply:
- Fill out the following form: https://goo.gl/forms/7ApsoWxJ0V1HXDIO2
- Please send a current résumé that reflects any relevant experiences and skills, along with two professional references (contact information only, no reference letters required) and a cover letter that explains what you will bring to the position and what you hope to gain as an intern to email@example.com.
Priority will be given to applications received before November 30th. We encourage prospective interns to submit early, but applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. For more information, visit http://826valencia.org/internships/.
As an organization committed to encouraging youth in their creative expression, personal growth, and academic success, 826 Valencia recognizes the importance of diversity at all levels and in all aspects of our work. In order to build and maintain the safe, supportive environment in which great leaps of learning occur, we commit to inclusion: We will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, nationality, marital status, English fluency, immigration status, parental status, military service or disability. Read the full 826 Stand on diversity and inclusion.