Resources for teaching and learning about anti-Asian racism
At 826 Valencia, we are grieving the horrific murders in Atlanta and the anti-Asian racism and violence that has increased across the country and here in the Bay Area, and are working to create inclusive spaces for our students to process these events. Below is a list of resources for educators, those supporting young people, and anyone looking to deepen their knowledge and understanding as we further our anti-racism work together.
Resources for responding to hate crimes
- Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Navigating Emotional and Psychological Trauma
- NAPABA Hate Crimes Task Force
Resources for educators and supporting students
- Empowering Young People in the Aftermath of Hate (ADL)
- Resources for educators to address AAPI violence (SFUSD)
- Teaching about Anti-Asian Racism and Xenophobia (Educators 4 Social Change)
- Responding to Anti-Asian Violence and Georgia Shootings (Learning for Justice)
- The Asian American Experience by 826 student Joelle Chien, published in the Commonwealth
- Coronavirus, Racism And Kindness: How NYC Middle-Schoolers Built A Winning Podcast (NPR)
We will continue to update this list with new resources and tools. Thank you for standing with our students, now and always.